Here is the documents checklist to take along with you for Visa Interview.
Please make a checklist and make sure you carry all documents without missing, so your visa process will be smooth.
Get Mexican visa at near by Mexican Embassy for being on safe side & to make your travel smooth with out any issues. It will be valid for 6 months and you can travel to any city in Mexico.
- Passport (New + Old one -> if applies)
- All H1 Originals – All I-797 approval forms + Spouse H4 Approvals(If applies)
- Client Letter(Consulting), Vendor letters(Consulting) or Employment Verification Letter (Full time)
- DS-160 Form – 1 copy
- Educational documents(Bachelors certificate or Masters Certificate)
- Note : If your client does not provide letter, get that info from client website that providing client letter is not their policy or from email response from HR that it’s not their policy, get vendor letters supporting that, Employer letter supporting that.
- Get appreciation emails printout from client etc., (which does not expose critical details of client) – that’s just recommendation, not mandatory.
Optional Documents: (But better to carry every possible document)
- PayStubs – 3 months Copies.
- Bank Statements – 3 months Copies.
- Tax Return Documents(1040) – 3 years Copies.
- W2 Forms – 3 years Copies / original.
- Emails from colleagues – 1 Copy.(Safe Side)
- I-140 original or Copy(if you have one)
- Job Description – Original. (Full Time)
- Job Offer letter (Full Time)
- SOW, client, vendor letters (Contracting)
- Utility Bill or Drivers License – originals – to prove that you reside there.
NOTE: Activate International Travel Plan – If you want to use AT&T in Mexico, AT&T has coverage in Mexico as well. While in US itself, talk to AT&T & get this plan activated. Costs 10$/day. T-Mobile works in Mexico as well. Other carriers, please talk to customer care once.
Carry Cash as listed below:
30$ for Temporary Mexican Visa @ Border.
6$ for I-94 at US Border while coming back to USA.
2$ worth of quarters.
Cash for paying us in matamoros Mexico depending on your situation(single/family/with friends)
Credit card that can allow foreign transactions for purchasing at stores, food @ subway, restaurants, movie theaters, malls etc.,
Note : Try to take credit card that does not charge any international fee(Like travel credit cards), Also intimate your credit card company about your travel, so they will keep your card open for your transactions without blocking
Mexico currency is Pesos, there will be foreign exchange centers which can help you to exchange dollars into pesos if you need.