Lost Passport Stamping in Mexico


Then contact us by simply clicking below link (Whatsapp Link)


Procedures to follow after loss/stolen of passport containing United States(U S) Visa / getting new US visa renewal stamping after getting new passport in Mexico

Procedure Following Loss of Passport Containing U.S. Visa

No matter how carefully important documents are guarded, many passports are lost or stolen each year. If one loses a passport that has a U.S. visa foil (often referred to as a “stamp”), there are special procedures that should be followed.

Report Loss to Police

Upon discovering that a passport is lost or stolen, the first step is to file a report with the local police. The police report is needed to reapply for the visa at the U.S. consulate or embassy, so it is best to obtain an extra copy of the report from the police.

Country-Specific Replacement / Reporting Requirements for Passports

Replacement of a lost or stolen passport falls under the requirements set out by the country of issuance for the passport. Each country governs its own passport requirements. Thus, an individual in this situation needs to research the procedures of the particular country for reporting and requesting a new passport.

Report Loss to Consulate / Embassy that Issued the Visa

The loss or theft of a passport containing a U.S. visa stamp should be reported to the appropriate U.S. consulate or embassy. This is an attempt to thwart attempts to misuse the document, and potential problems related to such misuse. Reports should be sent to the eMail address that can be found on the website of the consulate or embassy that granted the visa.

If available, a copy of the missing passport and/or visa should be provided with the eMail report. Accordingly, it is recommended that a copy of one’s passport and visa be made and kept in a safe place, should the passport need to be replaced.

Visa No Longer Valid if Passport Found After Loss Notification

Once the loss or theft of a passport is reported, the visa is invalidated for security purposes. Therefore, even if the documents are found or returned later, the visa will no longer be valid for travel.

No Process to Replace Visa from Within the U.S.

With the exception of certain A, G, and NATO visas, visas generally cannot be reissued from within the United States. If a passport with a U.S. visa stamp is lost or stolen, in most situations, a replacement can only be obtained through application at an appropriate U.S. embassy or consulate abroad. A copy of the police report and a written statement of the events should be filed with the new visa application.

Note that it is not necessary to travel abroad solely to replace a lost visa, as a visa is a travel document that generally is only required to seek entry to the United States. Once a person has entered lawfully, a valid visa stamp is not needed unless the individual wishes to travel abroad and reenter the U.S.


If a passport containing a U.S. visa is lost or stolen, it is important to take all required steps in order to avoid potential problems in the future.

Source : Murthy Forum

Lost and Stolen Passports, Visas, and Arrival/Departure Records (Form I-94)


Passports, Visas, and Arrival/Departure Records (admission stamp or paper Form I-94) are official travel documents that foreign citizens coming to the United States (U.S.) must have in their possession to show their country of citizenship and legal status in the United States.

We encourage travelers to make a copy of their passport biographic page, U.S. visa and admission stamp or paper Form I-94, if provided, as soon as possible after their arrival in the United States. If you are a foreign citizen temporarily in the United States, and you lose your U.S. visa, you can remain for the duration of your authorized stay, as shown on your admission stamp or paper Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record. You will need a valid passport to depart the United States and to enter another country. If you were issued a paper Form I-94 and it was lost or stolen, you must get it replaced immediately. There are a number of steps you need to take as follows:

Police Report

Go to the local police station and report your document(s) lost or stolen. If available, you will need to provide copies of the original documents. You will be issued a police report detailing the incident. Don’t forget to make an extra copy of the report for your own records.

Request Replacement of a Lost/Stolen Arrival/Departure Record (Form I-94)

Replacement of a lost or stolen Form I-94 falls under the responsibility of Department of Homeland Security (DHS). To file for a replacement I-94, see Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document at the DHS, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website and see Arrival-Departure Record at the DHS, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website.

Report Lost/Stolen to Your Embassy

Contact the local embassy or consular section for the country of your citizenship for information about the procedure to replace a lost or stolen passport. Most countries have Internet web sites with contact information.

Report your Visa Lost/Stolen to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate Abroad

To report your visa lost or stolen, email the Consular Section at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate outside the United States which issued your visa. Go to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate website to locate the email address and contact information. Be sure to include your full name, date of birth, place of birth, address in the United States, and an e-mail address (if available). Specifically state whether the visa was lost or stolen. If you have a copy of the passport or visa, scan and email this to the embassy or consulate. Otherwise, if known, report the category of visa, and the passport number from the lost/stolen visa.

If you have already reported your visa lost/stolen to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate, and then you later find your misplaced visa, then your visa will be invalid for future travel to the United States.  Therefore, in that situation you must apply for a new visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

Applying for a Replacement U.S. Visa

Lost or stolen U.S. visas cannot be replaced in the United States. For replacement of a visa, you must apply in person at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad. When applying for the replacement of a visa, you will need to provide a written account documenting the loss of your passport and visa. Include a copy of the police report.

Source : https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/lost-stolen-visas.html


Then contact us by simply clicking below link (Whatsapp Link)


Leave a comment, FeedbackCancel reply