Process for Mexico Visitor Visa for US visa holders living in USA
Mexican Embassy customer care number to call for appointments at any location in USA +1-424-309-0009
Note 1 : Important information from 1 client : about Emailing & getting Appointments for Mexican visa at Mexican Embassy at USA.
For Mexico Tourist Visa I emailed to email@example.com with attached US visa dates confirmation and any supporting documentation for requesting emergency Mexican visa appointment at Mexican embassy in USA, They scheduled appointment for me on Monday 16th May in Washington DC
You can mention your nearest consulate in the email.
Note 2 : New York Mexican Embassy opens appointments dates once per week at 8.30 AM EST, please try to book dates at that time if you are near to NY.
Websites of different Mexican embassies in USA
Emails of Mexican Embassies in USA
Detroit = firstname.lastname@example.org
Mexican visitors visa fee changed to 48$ as per recent updates.
By All the means you tried for Mexican visa, you were unable to get mexican visa, Alternative option is to travel by land to Interior locations.
- Monterrey (you need to fly to laredo, texas & take uber to international bridge 1) & we can help you to drive to monterrey(3 hours) & you attend visa interview & fly back to USA.
- Hermosillo(you need to fly to Tucson, Arizona (or) Arrive to Nogales Arizona border & our transportation team can pickup at Tucson airport & we can help you to drive to Hermosillo (3 Hours) & you attend visa interview & fly back to USA. (or) come back by land to USA from Hermosillo to Tucson airport (or) Nogales Arizona border.
- Mexico City(you need to fly to Tucson, Arizona (or) Arrive to Nogales Arizona border & our transportation team can pickup at Tucson airport & we can help you to drive to Hermosillo airport(4.5 Hours) & you fly to Mexico city Airport & Transportation team in mexico city will help with local transportation & you attend visa interview & help you to get FMM card stamped by taking you 3 hours before you fly back to USA, you handover that FMM card to flight staff & fly back to USA.
Sep 19th 2022 : Hi Guys. Just done with Mexican Tourist Visa interview in San Diego, California
Here is the process I followed and I hope this info helps.
Number to call (424) 309-0009 every day to schedule Visa interview slot.
Documents Needed for Interview:
1) Valid Original Passport n photo copies of first, last, stamping pages.
2) 1 passport size photo recent 2×2 size
3) I 797A original and Photo copy
4) Employment Verification letter on company letter head (Your full name, title, Monthly salary, Joining Date) Make sure you take the ID copy of the person who is signing the EVL document.
5) 3 Months Bank Statements, Pay slips
6) US consulate in Mexico Interview slot confirmation page.
7) Filled Mexican Visitor Visa Application Form.
You will get 6months Mexican tourist visa stamping.
Citizens from the following countries who wish to visit Mexico as tourists, in transit, for business, technical activities, as journalist or for studies, for a period not exceeding 180 days, and who will not receive any remuneration at all in Mexican territory, do not require a visa:
Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estado Plurinacional de Bolivia, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Niue, Norway, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay.
All foreign visitors, regardless of their nationality, traveling to Mexico for tourism, business or in transit to another destination, are exempt from presenting a Mexican visa as long as they have a valid visa issued by any the following countries: Canada, Japan, the United States of America, the United Kingdom or any of the countries comprising the Schengen Area.
In addition, foreign visitors who, regardless of their nationality, have a valid permanent resident card from Canada, Chile, Colombia, Japan, Peru, the United States of America, the United Kingdom or any of the countries comprising the Schengen Area, do not require a Mexican visa.
To enter Mexican territory the above travellers must present:
- A valid passport. Mexican authorities do not require a minimum period of validity of the passport; nevertheless, this document must be valid during the length of stay in Mexico.
- A properly completed Multiple Migratory Form (FMM); this form will be provided to you by the airline or at the port of entry.
- Migratory authorities at the port of entry may request documents proving the purpose of your trip, depending on the activity you will undertake in Mexico: tourism (hotel reservation, itinerary of your return or departure); business (letter in Spanish from the company indicating that you are an employee of the company and that the services you will provide in Mexico will be paid for by that company, or a letter of invitation from a public or private institution to perform non-remunerated activities in Mexico, indicating the purpose of the trip, estimated time of stay and taking responsibility for your travel and lodging costs); technicians (a copy of the contract for the transfer of technology, patents and brands, purchase of machinery and equipment, technical training of personnel, or any other related to the production process of a company established in Mexico); student (letter of invitation or acceptance from any institution pertaining to the National Educational System to take courses, conduct a research project or undertake academic training for a maximum period of 180 days.
Check this screenshot for What are the requirements / documents required to get Mexican Visitors visa (If you are in United States & planning to visit Mexican Embassies in USA)
Travel to Mexico By Land : (USA to Mexico)
- If you have any valid US or UK or Japan or Canadian or Schengen or Australian passport holders (or) Visitors Visa of above countries, then you don’t need to take Mexican Visa.
- Incase if you don’t have it, then, one of the option where you can get tourist card online (FMM or Border Permit) is using below link.
- You can take this ahead of time before your travel for all locations of Mexico(other than matamoros) through Land.
- (At Matamoros – while you visit us – we can help you to get one at Border itself )
- At Nogales & Nuevo Laredo, Ciuidad Juarez – Officers say that you don’t need this form.(As you travel within 20 miles from border)
- For all remaining locations – get it Online using below link & take a printout & get it stamped at border (as needed in few locations)
Travel to Mexico directly By Air : (From USA to Mexico (or) India (or) your home country to Mexico.
If you are traveling by Air directly to Mexico – You MUST need one of the above mentioned visa’s to Fly to Mexico from USA.
Mexican embassies are all over in US.
Please use the below website to find Mexican embassy near your location.
Please keep scrolling down this page to check for screenshot of Mexican visa requirements
What Information does this page cover ?
- Mexican Embassy locations in USA ?
- Do you need Mexican visa ? (Current US Visa Expired or about to Expire )
- Mexican Visitor Visa appointment booking website ? & Mexican Visa application form ?
- What are the documents required for Mexican visa ?
- What if i am unable to get Mexican Visa ? (Due to lack of Mexican visa appointments or Need to go for US visa interview ASAP) ?
Mexican Embassy locations in USA ?
Do i need get Mexican Visitor Visa (to attend for US Visa interview with expired US Visa for visa renewal )?
“With the purpose of facilitating and promoting travel to Mexico, effective May 2016 all those foreign nationals, regardless of their nationality, visiting Mexico for tourism, business or transit are NOT required to obtain a Mexican visa.
If you hold a valid (non-expired) Visa / Visitor Visa or Permanent Residence of any of this countries: United States of America, Canada, Japan, United Kingdom or Schengen area (European Union)
or Australian Passport holder or Peru
- If you have valid any US visa (or) Canada visitor visa (or) Canadian PR (or) Japan (or) Schengen Visa or Australia, Then You don’t need Mexican visa.
- It’s always better to get Mexican visa before your travel.(To be in better situation if your stay needs to be extended (or need to fly to Big city in mexico and then to India during worst case scenario) – Few typical cases ended up to fly to India from matamoros;
- Always remember that you are going out of country(US).
- Getting Mexican visa in Mexican Embassy in United States costs you 42$ and usually they will give for 6 months validity.
- If you are flying from US to Mexico directly, you will be asked for Mexican Visa.
- If you are planning to go from US to Mexico by road – If getting Mexican visa is not possible at any case(Mexican embassy far from your current location),
Then last option is to get a border permit at border that’s valid for a week for 30$ while you arrive at Matamoros, Mexico, we will help you with that.
- Below is the process in Matamoros.
- To get Border Permit : You can show your i-797 & passport & you can pay 30$, Get the border permit(FYI : Its not visa on arrival), get stamp on your passport by Mexican Immigration officer that you left US and Entered into Mexico.
- At other locations in Mexico – Mexican officers won’t care much about you getting border permit or not if you are traveling by road – They might say you can travel with your I-797 & passport.
Mexican Visitor Visa appointment booking website ? & Mexican Visa application form ?
Print out below Form & fill it before going to Mexican Visa (to Mexican embassy locations in US)
CLICK THIS TEXT -> TO DOWNLOAD MEXICAN VISA APPLICATION FORM
Mexican Visa Appointment booking website:
Out of many locations, we have listed few locations based on info provided by our guests.
Few locations(Below) of Mexican embassy in US require appointments by email, phone.(Mandatory)
- Atlanta, GA
- Austin (TX) : Email : email@example.com phone = 512-478-2866
- Dallas(TX) : Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Houston (TX) : Email : email@example.com
- New York
- SFO (CA)
Few locations (Below) – you can directly walk-in.
- Boston (MA)
- New York
Please try to call or email to inquire whether they need appointment or not.
If you could not catch hold of someone in phone or did not receive email response, try direct walk-in.
Note : 98% of our guests came with Mexican visa, 2% came with just border permit only
(Recommended to take Mexican Visa to be on safe side always, Helpful during worse case scenarios (Fly to any Big city in Mexico & Fly to India etc.,)
Please use the below website to find Mexican embassy near your location.
Official website for Mexican visa info
What are the documents required for Mexican visa ?
Bank statements of last 3 months with minimum balance of 1500$ (USD)
H1B documents (I-797),
Reasons to mention : In Mexican application form is
You can mention Tourism if you have not booked visa dates, as few consulates might ask you for US visa dates confirmation print out.
You can mention reason as “Attending Visa interview in US consulate” if you have already booked Visa dates (take dates confirmation printout with you )
Mexican visitors visa fee changed to 48$ as per recent updates.
Mexican Visitor Visa Requirements
Information from our guests.
Detroit Mexico visa stamp experience:(Jun 2022)
Appt: by email or phone call. I had to call several times.
Documents: I 797 original and photocopy, passport, employer letter, pay stubs 3 months, bank statement 3 months, purpose of visit- if stamping, document showing interview date
Visa validity: 6 months, multiple visits
Passport returned same day within an hour
Questions asked: purpose of visit, timing of travel, who is accompanying, where are you working.
**Experience for visitor visa @San Jose, California:*
– Appointment was booked through “citas.sre.gob.mx”
– Slots get released every Tuesday for “Visas” at San Jose
– For any questions, you can email “firstname.lastname@example.org” and check for any information that you need from San Jose Consulate. They respond pretty quickly within few mins – hours
– Once profile is created through “citas.sre.gob.mx”, you can check for slots at any state.
– when you create a new form and provide details, I chose the “Sin permiso del INM” for “Tipo de trámite”. And then chose “visitante sin permimso para realizar actividades remuneradas” since I had paid for the visa stamping appointment in MX and had the confirmation for the interview.
– When I emailed on which options I can pick, the officer who responded mentioned that any type of visitante visa will work for tourist visa application. What wouldn’t work would be “passport, matricula and ine”
– Once you finish the application , you can choose the date and time. I got for the next week from the booking date itself
– I went 15mins earlier, they made me stand outside until the appointment time
– Once I went in (second floor), someone directed me to a specific counter that handles visa applicants
– The person at the counter collected the documents I brought and tried striking a friendly conversation. He asked about where I work, how long I’ve been here, if I like it here, about Mexico and if I’ve ever visited MX
– He collected the documents and asked me to stay seated
– I waited for an hour. Then he called and told me that it’s getting delayed as the officer hasn’t come yet
– After sometime, he asked to peep into his monitor and verify details about me. I did. He asked me to go and pay the $48 fees in payment counter and get the receipt
– Once done, he did my fingerprint and took my picture
– Then he asked me to wait again until called. In 15mins, my name was called and I had a conversation with the consular officer.
– She asked me about why I’m going to MX, which place, how long I’m intending to stay for, etc
– It was pretty basic less than 2min conversation
– Within 10mins of this conversation, they called my name
– They gave back my passport with the visa for 6months multiple entry
– totally took about 3 hours from the appointment time to get done as there was a LOT of rush inside the office
– Make sure to select “EN” option in the top right dropbox for everything to appear in English or use the google translator to make sure you understand and provide the right details
– In the beginning when you select the place of appointment (San Jose in my case), make sure to read through the “service” options carefully to see if “Visas” is listed. If not, the appointment will be invalid
– Info about all the Mexican consulates in CA : https://www.courts.ca.gov/partners/documents/ea_MXConsulCal.pdf
– Information on Visas at the SJC Mexican Consulate : https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/sanjose/index.php/servicios-para-extranjeros/visas
– Mexican consulates all around the world : https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx
Applying for Mexican visitor visa requirements @ Austin, Texas
It’s walk in here in Austin. No need of appointment.
documents required : 6 months bank statement , Visa application form(we can get at visa office) ,i797 copy ,passport copy ,a photo , employer letter. They asked 3 days for processing
Applying for Mexican visitor visa @ Boston, MA
You can walk in or make an appointment with Mexico consulate.
Take appointment for you & spouse(if applies)
I 797 approval
Last 6 months bank statements
Last 6 months paystubs
Address proof ( leasing agreement)
Passport copies front and back
Wife’s h4 approval
Two passport photos 2*2= 4(h+w)
$42 cash or card each person
Site to create an account online for appointment
Applying for Mexican visitor visa @ New York, NY
we need to book appointment in Mexican consulate website NY and walk-in on that date with required documents . It was fairly quick – took not more than 10 mins ! And passport has to be collected couple of days later.
Here is the website to book appointment in NY
What if i am unable to get Mexican Visa ? (Due to lack of mexican visa appointments or Need to go for US visa interview ASAP) ?
If getting Mexican visa is not at all possible as Mexican Embassy is far from your current location (or) you are not able to get appointment for Mexican visa before your US visa interview date in Mexico.
& ONLY IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING BY ROAD TO MEXICO
Then only option is to take the border permit (FMM) valid for 6 months or so by paying 30$ in this link :
You can use this card to fly from few
While you keep applying for Mexican visa,
please make sure to check the documents list & prepare your visa documents list for your US Visa Interview.