We provide Visa fee payment help for a any location in Mexico, Accommodation & transportation in Matamoros, Mexico.
This website was created to make your entire stamping process in mexico as smooth as possible – Venkat & Ernesto
Join this Facebook group to get all previous & Upcoming updates
As we keep hearing alot of FAQ’s, we thought of creating this page where you can find answers to your questions.
After reading FAQS below :
Please scroll down to the bottom for “Special Notes from the Guests.”
1) Do I need Mexican visa before I travel or can I get it at Mexico Border ?
((( You don’t need a Mexican tourist visa if you have an unexpired (VALID) US, Canadian, United Kingdom, Schengen or Japanese visa )))
- Yes, we would definitely recommend you to get Mexican visa before your travel at a near by Mexican Embassy, if possible, stop by directly at Mexican Embassy and you can get 6 months valid Visa for 36$ in usually Less than 2 hours(at most places in US), you cannot get Mexican visa at border.
- You can get a 7 days permit for 30$ at the Mexican Border , which will not work in case your stay needs to be extended for any reason or if you need to travel to bigger city in Mexico to take an international flight, also since this is not a Visa, border permit you will not allow you to come back to the location of Mexico where you are processing your stamping if you are in the need to go to your home country or somewhere else while you wait until your stamping process gets finished. This situation is very unlikely at Matamoros, but we don’t want you to struggle with it in case you are facing any unexpected situation on your stamping.
- (Always remember you are stepping out of country for stamping, it’s always better to have any of valid US / Mexican/Canadian/Shenghen/ Japan visa).
- Let’s say getting Mexican visa is not at all possible
- due to Mexican consulate is far from your current location,
- or can’t get mexican visa appointment before US visa interview
- or In Urgency of attending US visa interview before getting mexican visa).
- Then the last option for you is to to get Mexican border permit at Brownsville, Texas for 30$.
- Check our page : Click here to How to get Mexican Visa & Requirements ???
2) Why would i go to Mexico instead of India ? Were there any 221G’s ? Is it Safe ?
- You can go to any country including Mexico, India or any other country for stamping. You can choose Mexico based on the recent trends of approvals, Check our recent updates page below.
- We have been following & helping our guests at Matamoros location since June 2017, So far almost everyone of them approvals till now, no rejections till date : Aug 19th 2018.
- We have listed few cases of 221G’s so far,
- 1st scenario is one guy got PIMS update issue – resolved in 3 hours (Usually resolves same day or next day),
- 2nd scenario is one guy forgot his Master’s degree certificate, US consulate at Matamoros called his US college for verification – Resolved in 1 day.
- 3rd scenario is one lady on H4 forgot her spouse I-797 document, Consulate requested for I-797 document, It was sent by email, got 221g cleared in 2 days.
- 4th scenario is one guy had Sevis Check about his previous university, took 1 week to clear.
- Most of the cases so far based on our observations….. If any 221G, it usually clears in 1-2 days,
- Max wait time due to 221G is 8 days at Matamoros so far we have seen.
- If there is a need to go for stamping, you need to take that step with “Leap of faith” whether it’s home country or Mexico or any other country.
- At the end it’s all your decision where to go.
- ABOUT SAFETY :
- It is completely safe at matamoros, mexico if you travel with any local person, we will be always there along with you, we host all our guests in our guest house or our preferred hotel in a good location with all amenities provided, we take care of your complete transportation in matamoros, mexico from the moment you enter into Mexico until you leave mexico. we helped many guests till now, please check our reviews for more info.
3) Can I go to Mexico for stamping ?
Above is Pre-Requisite Criteria to go for H1B,H4, L1,L2 F1, F2 H4, E3, J, O…any US visa stamping
Reference website : https://mx.usembassy.gov/visas/third-country-nationals/
- If you never had a H1B, H4, L1A, L1B, L2, E3, J1, J2, O etc.,or any US visa stamp in your passport, you are NOT eligible to go to Mexico for stamping, but you can go to Canada or home country.
- Already had H1B, H4, L1A, L1B, L2, E3, J, O etc.,or any US visa stamp in passport & expired or about to expire & need to go in same visa category… then you can go to Mexico etc.,
- Note : If you are on F1 visa, your F1 visa expired, but you need to go for your F1 extension or F2 Change to status from F1, you can go to mexico. (as it’s in same visa F category stamping.
- If you changed status from H1 to H4 or H4 to H1B, you can go for stamping in Mexico. It’s considered as same H visa category.
- Let’s say your H1B got denied & you want to go for change of status H4 based on your spouse H1B, you can go for stamping in mexico.
- Remaning Change of status (From one visa category to another visa) stamping is not allowed in Mexico
- Ex : F1 to H1B; L1 to H1B etc.,
4) Can we pay visa fee at any location in Mexico ?
(From Sep 1st 2017, No more visa fee payments using credit card, only option is to pay by Cash in Mexican banks)
- Yes, even if you are going to any US Consulate location in Mexico like Tijuana, Cuidad Juarez, Nogales, Guadalajara, Matamoros etc., You can pay your fee at any location at Banks like SCOTIA, BANAMEX in-person. We can help you by going in-person to the bank to make visa fee payment(already helped many) with that for a charge(usually we consider it as Express Payment., Either same day or next day morning depending on what time you contact us, we go to banks everyday at 10 AM & 3 PM(CST) to make your visa fee payment), if you reach us on or before 3 PM(CST) & you send us your visa fee amount before 3 PM(CST), your payment will be made same day.
- Incase if you reach us later than 3 PM(CST), we will be able to make your visa fee payment next day morning at 10 AM.
- If you need this help, send us an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org” with your first & last name, Contact number
5) How to look at Visa Dates Availability ?
Note : For Mexico we can get visa interview dates within a week,(that’s advantage of choosing Mexico), but to know exact availability of visa slots we need to fill ds160, create an Account and pay the fee.
- Fill DS-160,
- Register your account(follow the below link).
- You will be able to see the available dates for visa interview for all locations of Mexico,
- After you create the ACCOUNT and generate MRV it will select default date in a week or nearest available date.
- Once fee payment is done you can choose fingerprints & visa interview dates on your wish.
- Also join in our whatsapp, Facebook group so you can ask someone who are just trying to book visa interview slots.
6) I already paid visa fee & scheduled interview, how many times can I reschedule interview ?
- Once you paid fee, its valid for 1 year & if you already scheduled interview dates,
you can re-schedule Interview dates upto 3 or more times.
- You can cancel or reschedule your visa addpointment until a day before your fingerprints.
7) What facilities will I get if I choose your services in Matamoros ?
At the accommodation place we provide all the basic items what you get in a hotel room, TV, Wi-Fi, Clean Towels, Iron board & Iron, Refrigerator, Snacks, water bottles, Shower gel, Shampoo as part of our facilities to our guests + Accommodation + Transportation.
9) Do I need to bring any power converter for using laptops, phone chargers ?
As Mexico has same power outlets as USA, you DON’T need to bring any converters.
10) How to know whether my PIMS is updated or not ?
NOTE : If your I-797 was recently approved, there might be a chance that your data was not updated in PIMS Database,which US consulate uses to refer for your approved I-797 document. US consulate at mexico expedite by requesting KCC (Kentucky Consular Center) for your info from PIMS DB, once they get the data, they will approve your Visa application. Usually at Matamoros, so far we have seen PIMS gets cleared same day or nexy day. So Don’t worry much about PIMS.
Special Notes from the Guests.
Aug 31st 2018 : About Sevis Check :
221G was cleared in 3 days(Attended visa interview on Aug 28th 2018, 221g cleared on Aug 31st 2018).
A small note from my experience: This is my second h1 stamping. First stamping was successful with no issues in india. For second stamping I was given a 221G in Matamoros, Mexico for “Sevis hit removal”. . If you have attended for your second masters, this is something expected. So, please plan your stamping accordingly.
More FAQS During ASC appointment & Visa interview / consular appointment
1) Do I need to carry passport or Visa size photos with me ?
Answer: Not needed, your digital photos will be taken at ASC – Fingerprints appointment.
2) What can I carry ?
What can’t I carry ?
The mandatory documents that you should take to the ASC office are:
* DS160 confirmation page
But if you have all your documents in 1 file already organized , then take everything with you.
*VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE:*
You are not allowed to take inside to the ASC or consulate offices the following items:
*Electronic devices such as cell phones ,laptops , headphones , USB flash drives, cell phone chargers, smart watches and any cable adapters.
* lip balms , plastic combs , nail clippers , scissors, cosmetics, medication, sunglasses, food, water , candies, chewing gums and toys.
* for women, you are not allowed to take your handbag.
Venkat & Ernesto