This is how it works with ds160
1) DS160 once created is valid for 30 days
2) DS160 – Once submitted is valid until whenever you attend visa interview (as long as no info changes until you attend Visa interview)
3) Let’s say, you already paid Visa fee and booked Visa dates.
Something got changed / entered by mistake & you need to enter new details. Simply create new ds160 and carry with you to fingerprints,
Once they scan your new ds160 at ASC, old details gets replaced with your new ds160 details in their system
4) If you filled DS160 for 1 location & if you don’t get Visa dates for that location. With same ds160 you can go and attend at any other location in Mexico for Visa interview by just changing Visa interview dates to that location by using reschedule option and changing passport delivery location (Nothing else to do)
5). If you already booked dates, You can click “HOME” and click reschedule option any number of times and can keep checking for better visa dates until you find better ASC / Visa dates that you are looking for.
If you already booked some dates – those dates won’t get affected until you finalize something after you click reschedule option.
Also please refer to the “Eligibility Checklist” page below to make sure you meet the Eligibility Criteria to come to Mexico to attend visa interview.please go through this whole page to get clear details about FAQS. ***** Information Courtesy by Venkat & Ernesto *****
NOTE : We provided as much as best possible information collected from our guests like no other Agents do …. so it can help you to make informed decisions. Please do not hold us responsible if your profile had issues & you still attend visa interview in Mexico without informing us and if you end up more days in Mexico. Approvals / Denials – It will be between you (your profile) & US Consulate, we are just Service & Information providers, we are not legal advisors or Attorneys. So please contact your Legal Attorneys for accurate Information incase if your case is not straight forward. We provided as much as information in our website, please go through that information thoroughly and please don’t put us on the spot later that we did not provide enough information.What Information does this page cover ? Most FAQS (which everyone has was answered below) ?
- Do i need Mexican Visa ?
- Am i Eligible for going for stamping in Mexico ?
- What are the chances of getting 221g , Average time taken to clear 221g in Matamoros ? Recent happenings of 221g ? What if i get denied / visa rejected in Mexico ? Can i come back to USA after visa denial ? (Listed down few denial cases info in this page)
- What you can carry & can’t carry to your ASC & Visa interview ?
- Traveling with family (along with US Citizen Kids or Dependent Kids (H4, L2 etc) ? Is it safe at Matamoros, Mexico along with kids ? (Please Scroll to the bottom )
- List of Holidays of US Consulates in Mexico ?
- I am Full Time employee, Need Invoice for reimbursement of Expenses from Employer ? (of Visa fee payment + accommodation & transportation charges) (We can help with that, Please scroll down to the bottom to find sample invoice that we provide )
- List of US Consulates in Mexico ?
- Email ID to contact different US Consulates at Mexico ?
Most FAQS (which everyone has was answered below) ? A) Do I need Mexican visa before I travel or can I get it at Mexico Border ?Check below link – this will answer your questions about Mexican visa. Click here to know whether you need Mexican Visa ? How to get Mexican Visa & It’s Requirements ???
B) Am i Eligible for going for stamping in Mexico ? Can i go to Mexico for my US Visa Renewal Stamping ?Above is Pre-Requisite Criteria to go for H1B,H4, L1A, L1B ,L2 F1, F2 H4, E3, J, K, O…any US visa stamping Reference website : https://mx.usembassy.gov/visas/third-country-nationals/
- Contact us if you have any questions about your eligibility after reading below.
- For H1B, H4 , L1, L2, E3, J, K, O Visa’s for (Extension/Transfer) Stamping – it means going to US visa stamping in same visa category. (H1 to H1, H1 to H4, H4 to H1, F1 to F1, F1 to F2, F2 to F1, L1 to L1, J1 to J1 etc.,)
- H1B to H4 (or ) H4 to H1B (considered as same Visa (H) category.
- Already had H4 stamping, now needed to go for H1B(1st time in passport) stamping
- F1 to F2 or F2 to F1 are considered as same visa (F)category.
- Planning to move from H1B to H4 after H1B Extension or Transfer denial by USCIS.
- If you have had any stamping in same Visa categories already in same & need to go for visa renewal stamping in same visa category – you can go to Mexico.
- We suggest you to take attorney advise for your eligibility too.
- We already helped, guided many people for filling DS160, Registering account for visa slots booking, by providing accommodation & transportation for who came to Matamoros for stamping.
- Note : If you are on F1 visa, your F1 visa expired, but you need to go for your F1 extension or F2 Change to status from F1, you can go to mexico. (as it’s in same visa F category stamping.
- If you changed status from H1 to H4 or H4 to H1B, you can go for stamping in Mexico. It’s considered as same H visa category.
- Let’s say your H1B got denied & you want to go for change of status H4 based on your spouse H1B, you can go for stamping in mexico.
- You moved from H4 to H1B; You can go for stamping in mexico.
- As long as you had atleast 1 time H1B or H4 stamping in passport and you been on H1B or H4 all the timeThen eligible to go for H1B or H4 stamping in Mexico as both comes under same H Visa category
- If you recently changed from one visa category to another visa category (From one visa category to another visa) stamping is not allowed in Mexico
- Ex : F1 to H1B; L1 to H1B etc.,
C) Why would i go to Mexico instead of India ? Were there any 221G’s in Matamoros ? Were there any rejections ? Is it Safe ? What are my options incase if gets denied ? Can i come back to USA ? Can i fly from Mexico to India ? How to take 1 time visa waiver if my visa gets denied or my 221g is taking longer than expected ( & you don’t want to wait more time in Mexico) ?Any rejections in Matamoros ? (Please keep reading below for this Information)
- You can go to any country including Mexico, India or any other country for stamping. You can choose Mexico based on the recent trends of approvals, Check our recent updates page below.
- We have been following & providing services for our guests at Matamoros location since June 2017, Among our guests whom we have visibility; So far most(98%) of them got approvals till now,
- Out of 700 to 800 clients we supported so far,
- Around 2 or 3 folks directly went to India from Mexico till date : Apr 28th 2019. (Added those cases info below)
- Around 3 or 4 folks took 1 time visa waiver & came back to USA & went to India to attend visa interview. (Added those cases info below)
- There were 221G’s in Matamoros location as well,
- We have listed few cases below about 221G’s so far, also
- 221g on PIMS Check – Clears usually in 1-3 days.(Nothing to do from your end)
- 221g on Sevis Check – Clears usually in 1-3 days mostly, Max wait is 7 days.(Nothing to do from your end)
- Maximum days someone stayed due to 221g & Cleared 221g is not more than 30 days.
- It completely depends on your profile & what visa officers want to verify.
- Based on our Observation – Average time takes to clear in Mexico is way better than India(It might take months to clear in India)
- If there is a need to go for stamping, you need to take that step with “Leap of faith” whether it’s home country or Mexico or any other country.
- At the end it’s all your decision where to go.
RECENT HAPPENINGS OF 221g’sIn Apr 26th 2019 : One guy (Contracting) attended visa interview on Apr 6th 2019 without client letter, VO mandatorily asked for client letter (though they had other documents), Luckily his manager was able to escalate that at his client location & he was able to forward as much as possible documentation + client communication that he is working at client location etc., & he was able to clear 221g after 3 weeks, around Apr 26th 2019.
Who got denied / visa rejected in Mexico ? What are my options incase if gets denied ? Can i come back to USA incase after visa denial ? Can i fly from Mexico to India ? (Updated Recent happenings – As of Apr 27th 2019)In Feb 2019 : A couple (Contracting) attended visa interview on Feb 26th 2019 without client letter, VO mandatorily asked for client letter (though they had other documents), They tried to get email response or some sort of communication from client. But client did not respond to US Consulate query due to their strict policy of no client letter to contractors. That couple took 1 time visa waiver after 2 or 3 weeks & Entered into USA & went back to India to attend visa interview again. On Jan 15th 2019 : One guy attended for F1 visa renewal, he joined in Day 1 CPT University (Cumberlands) in Phd & working Full Time, Visa officer denied the visa. we recommend Day 1 CPT university guys not to attend in mexico. If you are planning to attend for F1 visa renewal, make sure you are attending a good university. In 2018 : one guy scheduled Visa interview for him + his family in India in 2015, his family attended Visa interview in India in 2015 and he could not attend due to some work, his family got approved where as his Visa got rejected as he did not attend Visa interview in 2015 in India. When he attended visa interview in matamoros, VO asked this guy whether he know that his previous Visa got denied (this guy has no clue), VO officer stated that as reason and denied Visa and asked him to go and attend Visa interview in India, he took One time Visa waiver (I-193 Form, costs you 585$) at POE (Don’t worry about 1 time visa waiver now, we will guide you incase if you land in any denial situation., Most of the cases its POE officers final decision to give you 1 time Visa waiver or not, you can pay one time Visa waiver fee only if its granted by POE officer, so far all below denial folks got that) and came back to US and flew back to India and got successful stamping done & came back to USA 2) In 2018 : One guy was denied port of entry in chicago airport in 2016, he got deported to india and cleared everything and came back to US. When he attended Visa interview in matamoros, he was denied Visa and asked to attend Visa interview in India, same as above person, we guided him how to take One time Visa waiver (I-193 Form, costs you 585$) at POE to come back to US, so he can fly back to India and he can attend Visa interview again. What are my options incase if gets denied ? Can i come back to USA ? Can i fly from Mexico to India ? How to take 1 time visa waiver if my visa gets denied (or) my 221g is taking longer than expected ( & you don’t want to wait more time in Mexico) ? How much time can i stay in USA if i take 1 time visa waiver ? One time visa waiver form is called I-983 Form(Costs 585$ at any POE locations), which can be used only once during your entire stay in USA. Incase if you accidentally cross US to Mexico without passport or any documents, you can use this 1 time visa waiver. The same form can be used at Matamoros POE incase if your case ends up in Denial (or ) if your case is taking more time to resolve 221g & you don’t want to wait in mexico for long time (either due to your current job thing or your family is back in US & you need to meet them). Incase if any 221g happens & it’s taking long time. It’s your choice whether you want to wait until your 221g clears (or) take this 1 time visa waiver & can come back to US & wait for 3-4 weeks (if 221g gets cleared, you can come back to Mexico to get it stamped, else need to go to India to attend Visa interview again). These are very rare cases though. Incase if any Visa Denial happens (or) VO told you that they can’t process your visa. It’s your choice whether you want to take this 1 time visa waiver & can come back to US & meet your family & make necessary arrangements & can stay until for 3-4 weeks & later need to go to India to attend Visa interview again). These are very rare cases though. FYI, It’s POE discretion whether they want to give that 1 time visa waiver or not, so if your profile has any issues or expecting any denial, please make sure to get either mexican or canadian or schengen or Japan visa before coming to Mexico, so that can help you to fly from Matamoros to Mexico City & then to India.
ABOUT SAFETY IN MATAMOROS MEXICO ???
- It is completely safe at matamoros, mexico if you travel with any local person, we will be always there along with you, we host all our guests in our guest house(Single guys or Single ladies) or our preferred hotel(Single guys / Single ladies / Families) in a good location with all amenities provided, we take care of your complete transportation in matamoros, mexico from the moment you enter into Mexico until you leave mexico. we helped many guests till now, please check our reviews for more info.
Can we pay visa fee at any location in Mexico ?(From Sep 1st 2017, No more visa fee payments using credit card, only option is to pay by Cash in Mexican banks)
- Yes, even if you are going to any US Consulate location in Mexico like Tijuana, Cuidad Juarez, Nogales, Guadalajara, Matamoros etc.,
- You can pay your fee at any location at Banks like SCOTIA, BANAMEX in-person. We can help you by going in-person to the bank to make visa fee payment(already helped many) with that for a charge(usually we consider it as Express Payment., Either same day or next day morning depending on what time you contact us, we go to banks everyday at 10 AM & 12 PM(CST) to make your visa fee payment), if you reach us on or before 12 PM(CST) &
- you send us your visa fee amount before 12 PM(CST), we can try to make your payment on same day.
- Incase if you reach us later than 12 PM(CST), we will be able to make your visa fee payment next day morning after 10 AM CST after Bank Opens.
- If you need this help, send us an email to “email@example.com” with your first & last name, Contact number
How to look at Visa Dates Availability ?Note : For Mexico we can get visa interview dates within a week,(that’s advantage of choosing Mexico), but to know exact availability of visa slots we need to fill ds160, create an Account and pay the fee.
- Fill DS-160,
- Register your account(follow the below BLUE link).
- You will be able to see the available dates for visa interview for all locations of Mexico,
- After you create the ACCOUNT and generate MRV it will select default date in a week or nearest available date.
- Once fee payment is done, you can choose fingerprints & visa interview dates you wish within 1 year from visa fee payment anywhere in mexico.
- Once you paid fee, its valid for 1 year & if you already scheduled interview dates, you can re-schedule Interview dates many number of times without any issues. we heard one guy did more than 5 times.
- You can cancel or reschedule your visa appointment until a day before your fingerprints.
- If travelling along with kids, you can take them along with you during ASC & Visa interview.
- Take your kids/ children passports (If US Citizens or H4 or L2 visa Holders) along with you & any necessary documents related to them (Birth Certificate etc).
- If your kids are less than 7 years old – you don’t need to take your (H4 or L2 – Dependent ) kids along with you to Fingerptints/ visa interview. Just take their photos along with you.
- If you want, you can take them along with you to Fingerprints & visa interview.
- But your kids needs to be in mexico along with you (as while coming back, they need to get I-94)
- Photo Specifications for dependent Kids (H4 or L2 etc.,) as below
- US Photo Size ( 2 * 2),
- Color Photo & White background.
- Completely visible and no hair covering forehead or ears.
- Person should be seeing lens of the camera while taking picture.(Direct eye contact)
Tuesday, January 01 : New Year’s Day
Monday, January 21 : Martin Luther King Day :
Monday, February 04 : Anniversary of the Mexican Constitution :
Monday, February 18 : Presidents’ Day
Monday, March 18 : Benito Juarez’s Birthday
Thursday, April 18 : Holy Thursday
Friday, April 19 : Good Friday
Wednesday, May 01 : Mexican Labor Day
Sunday, May 05 : Anniversary of the Battle of Puebla
Friday, May 10 : Mother’s Day
Monday, May 27 : Memorial Day
Thursday, July 04 : Independence Day
Monday, September 02 : Labor Day
Monday, September 16 : Mexican Independence Day
October 2019Monday, October 14 : Columbus Day
November 2019Friday, November 01 : All Soul’s Day
Monday, November 11 : Veterans’ Day
Monday, November 18 : Anniversary of the Mexican Revolution
Thursday, November 28 : Thanksgiving Day
December 2019Thursday, December 12 : Our Lady of Guadalupe Feast Day
Wednesday, December 25 : Christmas Day4) I am Full Time Employee, I want Invoice for reimbursement of Expenses (of Visa fee payment + accommodation & transportation charges) from Employer ? (We can help with that, Check below image – sample invoice that we provide ) Please find sample invoice we will provide for reimbursement from your employer.
5) Below are the List of U.S. CONSULATES in Mexico (Click those links to see more info)
Have any questions ? Need to email US Consulate at Mexico ? (or) Discovered An Error On Your Visa (After visa issue by US Consulate)6) Please find below email ID to send email to US Consulate if you have any questions ? The information printed on an issued U.S. visa should match the information in the applicant’s passport. If you discover an error (misspelling, error in the date of birth, error in the expiration date, etc.) on your U.S. visa, the applicant or a designated proxy can contact the Consular Section via: Mexico City : firstname.lastname@example.org Merida : Meridavisas@state.gov Guadalajara : https://mx.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/guadalajara/contact-the-visa-section-guadalajara/ Monterrey : MonterreyVisas@state.gov Nuevo Laredo : NVLVisas@state.gov Matamoros : MatamorosVisas@state.gov Ciudad Juarez : email@example.com Nogales : NogalesVisas@state.gov Hermosillo : HermosilloVisas@state.gov Tijuana : TijuanaInfo@state.gov Good luck, Venkat & Ernesto